I am an equal opportunity girl when it comes to music. I am no indie whore or mainstream slut. I just sit on the fine line between the two where I enjoy everything from Jay Z to The Fray to Thriving Ivory. Then there are my indie favorites like Illinois and Black Moth Super Rainbow.
This playlist I am providing you is from a special day in my life: my graduation. Say what, say what? (I said this while I did a brief pelvic thrust and moon walk in the privacy of the gym bathroom.) I listened to this before baccalaureate at the Free Mother and most importantly before graduation because I was freaked out that I would fall.
Enjoy, and tell me what you think. What were the songs you listened to before or after graduation ?
1. T.I. - "Livin Your Life" (featuring Rihanna)
2. Kevin Rudolf - "Welcome To The World" (featuring Rick Ross) Listen to it here
3. Bob Dylan - "Mr. Tambourine Man"
4. Placebo - "Running Up That Hill"
5. Amanda Blank – "Make It Take It"
6. Robin Thicke - "Shooter" (featuring Lil Wayne) Listen to it here
7. Kings of Leon – "17" Listen to it here
8. Nickelback - "If Today Was Your Last Day"
9. The Ramones – "Baby, I Love You"
10. Plies - "Got 'Em Hatin"
11. Tegan & Sara - "Hop A Plane"
12. Black Moth Super Rainbow - "Born on a Day the Sun Didn’t Rise"
13. Linda Perry – "Fruitloop Daydream"
14. Tanya Morgan - "She’s Gone" (featuring Brittany Bosco & Phonte) Listen to it here
15. Sam Cooke – "A Change Is Gonna Come" (This is one of my childhood favorites.)
16. Dr. Dre – "Nuthin’ but a G Thang" Listen to it here
17. Lady Gaga – "Poker Face" Listen to the song and watch the music video here
18. Anthony Hamilton - "Her Heart"