- The service having id "propeller" is missing, reactivate its module or save again the list of services.
- The service having id "buzz" is missing, reactivate its module or save again the list of services.
I am always extremely excited for the weekends. Here's short list on why you should be too.
1) Bluestockings presents: ROCK THE BELLES!
"Rock the Belles exists to push-back against the hyper-commodified nature of hip-hop (as embodied by the Rock the Bells franchise) and will feature some of the most impressive contemporary hip-hop artists. Oh, and they all happen to be women." (excerpt from Facebook invite)
25$ at the Door.
ALL AGES. Doors at 7pm show to start at 8pm
All proceeds to support Bluestockings Bookstore.
2) HOT RABBIT!
Hot Rabbit is a weekly dance party held at THE MONSTER. Doors open at 10PM and by 12, the dance floor is filled with queers until the early morning hours.
Friday Nights at The Monster
10PM - 4AM
NO COVER with PASSWORD : JUICE BOX
3) Word*Rock*&Sword: A Musical Celebration of Women’s Lives
Grace Moon already highlighted this event but I would be off the mark if I didn't feature Word*Rock*&Sword on this event list. The night will be an explosion of creative passions and magnificant sounds. See you there!
Le Poisson Rouge
September 21, 2013 - Doors @ 6:00 PM, Show @ 7
18 and Over
4) Joanna Hoffman's book release party at The Nuyorican Poets Cafe
After having the pleasure of hearing her perform in August, I think of Joanna as both an inspiring poet and person. In that vein, I bid Joanna many best wishes and success on her newly published book!
Saturday, September 21 from 7 – 9pm
Nuyorican Poets Café
$10, $7 for students