Everyone close your books, clear your desks and put away the Google... We're having a pop quiz!
If you've been having as much fun as I have watching political punditry these days, this will be so easy for you. Let's see if you've been paying attention. Quick hint: At least one of the questions has more than one correct answer.
1) “The idea that a congressman would be tainted by accepting money from private industry or private sources is essentially a socialist argument.”
Who said this?
A) The Koch brothers, whose PAC has doled out more than $2.6 million to Republican candidates
B) Tom DeLay—Former House Majority Leader (R-TX), 1 year prior to being sentenced to 3 years in prison for money laundering and conspiracy charges.
C) Newt Gingrich dismissing proponents of ethics and campaign finance reform
D) Rep. Bob Ney (R-Ohio), one year prior to pleading guilty to and being sent to prison for corruption charges, including performing official acts for lobbyists in exchange for campaign contributions, expensive meals, luxury travel and skybox sports tickets.
2) Angering Animal Rights Groups and pet owners across the country, an article in the Boston Globe revealed that on an annual family road trip, this person and their family drove 12 hours with the family dog strapped to the roof of the car.
A) Ozzy Osbourne
B) Mitt Romney
C) Charlie Sheen
D) President Obama
3) Lost an election to David Duke—who is America's most famous racist, anti-Semite and former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard.
A) Alan Keyes
B) Herman Cain
C) Christine O'Donnell
D) Buddy Roemer
4) In 1996, he and his wife had a premature son, who lived for only two hours. They brought the dead infant home, introduced it to their other children as “your bother Gabriel” and then slept with the body overnight.
A) Mike Tyson
B) Rick Santorum
C) Stephen King
D) Kim Jong Il
5) “The greatest leaders in fighting for an integrated America in the twentieth century were in the Democratic Party. The fact is, it was the liberal wing of the Democratic Party that ended segregation.