After squeezing out every drop of sympathy from our lesbian bleeding hearts turns out hate-crime victim Charlie Rogers may have made it all up!
Very shortly after news broke of a hate crime attack in Nebraska, in which three masked men allegedly broke into the home of Charlie Rogers, bound her, cut her, defaced her property and tried to set the whole scene on fire—rummors of a hoax began to emerge.
What the "Hell?!" you say? Well, here's the break down (via SFGN):
- July 17, Rogers purchases box cutter, gloves, zip ties from Ace Hardware in Lincoln
- July 17, Rogers sends a photo of a "cross shaped cut on her chest to a friend"
- July 18, Rogers posts on FB;"...maybe I am too idealistic, but I believe way deep inside me that we can make things better for everyone. I will be a catalyst. I will do what it takes. I will. Watch me"
- July 22, Rogers crawls from her home, naked and bleeding, to the safety of her neighbor
- July 22, Rogers alleges she was bound with zip ties and cut with box cutter by assailants
- July 22, Candlelight vigil organized by friends and local LGBT org is held at City Capital in Lincoln
- July 22, Police begin investigation
- Police find box cutter and gloves with DNA evidence belonging to Rogers, Rogers denied owning the gloves
- Police investigators found no sign of a struggle in Rogers living room where the alleged attack occurred
- Aug 21, Police charge Rogers with falsifying her report, Rogers pleads not guilty
- Aug 22, Rogers' neighbor who made the 911 would be really bummed if this is all a hoax.
- Aug 25, A friend in disbelief over Rogers faking the attack.
- Aug 25, Police still have no other suspects
- Aug 28, Dammit Lesbian! Why would you cry those crocodile tears?!
The only thing we do know about Charlie Rogers at this point is she was a 6' 2" all-star B-ball player for the Nebraska Huskers. Go big red!