April Foolin': Best of the Interwebs
- The service having id "propeller" is missing, reactivate its module or save again the list of services.
- The service having id "buzz" is missing, reactivate its module or save again the list of services.
Our April Fool's prank today taught me something important about the internets-browsing habits of our readers. For starters, you suckers don't click our hyperlinks! If you did, you would have seen this meticulously placed reassurance that, no, Tila Tequila is not starring in The Real L Word: Los Angeles. (At least, not as far as we know. Eek!) But since you silly sidewinders don't click links, here's what you would have seen had you clicked the aforementioned one:
I freaking love April Fool's Day! As I told a new friend earlier today, it is second in my affections only to International Talk Like a Pirate Day. In case you missed them, here are some of the best pranks the interwebs had to offer today:
- Felicia Day announces new Guild spin-off animation series for kids, Lil' Guildies.
- My favorite artisanal cheesemakers, Cypress Grove, offer a new product sure to make any fancy wine and cheese party a real hit with the neighbors.
- Those crazy kids at CollegeHumor.com cruelly tricked hundreds, if not thousands of New Yorkers into thinking that popular west coast burger chain In N' Out was finally coming to the Big Apple this summer.
- In what I can only hope is a deliciously executed prank (and not real news, egad!), NYDailyNews.com announced the upcoming debut of the "Viagra-fueled 'Sunset Daze,' a geriatric version of 'Jersey Shore' starring Gail Leibowitz." The article goes on to say that the on-screen geriatric antics include, "steamy scenes in Jacuzzis, a wild night out at a gay rodeo and makeout sessions during happy hour." Again, we really, really hope they're kidding!
- And my personal favorite, those crazy kooks at FunnyOrDie.com overhauled the homepage to make way for the site's "new owner," Justin Beiber, even jokingly changing the site's name to BeiberOrDie.com. Heaven help me, this Beiber kid is starting to grow on me.
Did we miss any good ones? Share them below in the comments.